TITLE: Patient Services Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Clinic Operations Manager
The Patient Services Supervisor is responsible for providing patients with easy access to Face to Face’s services through oversight of patient services, supervision of the patient services team, agency administrative support, and serving as a liaison with the broader community.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Oversight of Patient Services (65%)
• Reduce barriers for patients accessing Face to Face services by ensuring scheduling, registration, insurance verification/assistance, and other patient services processes are efficient and meet patient needs;
• Supervise the patient services team, including hiring, training, scheduling, goal setting, team building, and performance management;
• Work closely with medical and mental health managers to ensure patient schedules are up-to-date and provide adequate access for patients;
• Equip the patient services team to assist youth by linking them to needed health resources within Face to Face and the community;
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of the front desk and patient services team;
• Maintain patient services policies, procedures, forms, and printed materials;
• Ensure front lobby is well-maintained and welcoming to all patients and visitors;
• Oversee proper processing, archival and storage of all paper patient records;
• Process and ensure proper follow-up on requests for medical records;
• Model excellent internal and external customer service.
• Ensure patient services are being provided in the context of our nine guiding principles for helping youth overcome homelessness (journey oriented, trauma informed, non-judgmental, harm reduction, trusting youth-adult relationships, strengths-based, positive youth development, holistic, collaboration);
Oversight of Patient Insurance (20%)
• Promote insurance enrollment of self-pay clients, including oversight of enrollment in the Minnesota Family Planning Program;
• Oversee internal monitoring of insurance enrollment to ensure accurate patient billing;
• Assist patients in resolving insurance issues;
• Work with insurance companies requesting charts for chart audits;
• Maintain current information on public health insurance programs such as MA, Minnesota Care and MFPP.
Community Liaison (15%)
• Oversee the planning and implementation of events focused on promoting Face to Face with potential new clients and the broader community;
• Spearhead efforts to generate new clients through partnerships with other community organizations (i.e. schools, rec centers, hospitals, etc);
• Assist with staff appreciation events as assigned by the Clinic Operations Manager;
• Represent Face to Face at community networking events as assigned;
• Stay updated on other community programs and initiatives with whom Face to Face may wish to partner or refer clients.
Agency Administrative Support
• Order and receive all office supplies for Arcade location;
• Maintain agency internal staff phone list, mailboxes, and update agency phone messages;
• Maintain patient confidentiality as required by agency’s policies and HIPAA;
• Collaborate with other staff and maintain a team work style; maintain professional working relationships with clients, other agencies, and contacts;
• Comply with agency’s written employment policies;
• Model behavior that is consistent with, and supportive of, healthy adolescent development;
• Perform other tasks or projects as requested.
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends as required;
• Ability to perform duties and responsibilities typical of an office environment;
• Ability to perform the duties outlined on this job description;
Appropriate accommodations to these physical demands will be made for disabled individuals.
• 2-3 years of experience in a health-related office required, preferably focused on patient services;
• 1-2 years of customer service experience;
• 1-2 years of experience supervising others;
• Electronic Health Records experience preferred;
• Experience working with Minnesota Health Care Programs preferred;
• Experience developing and implementing systems, processes, or protocols;
• Ability to keep workflow organized, able to multi-task; ability to prioritize tasks and follow through to completion;
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines, and competing priorities;
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high levels of accuracy and manage multiple details at once;
• Ability to work independently, exercising good judgment and involving others when necessary;
• High degree of problem-solving skill;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Positive attitude and ability to work with and motivate a team;
• Excellent leadership and management skills;
• Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
• Ability to work sensitively and effectively with diverse populations, including youth; and
• Solid computer skills and comfort with technology.
Hours and Benefits:
This is a full-time position at 37.5 hours a week. Benefits include: medical and dental insurance, generous PTO, Holiday Pay, Short and Long term disability, and Employer paid life insurance.
How To Apply:
E-mail cover letter and resume to Ta Vongharath, Human Resource Manager at:
. Subject line: PSS
Candidates from diverse and underserved populations encouraged to apply
Equal Opportunity Employer